Thursday 2 December 2010

Don't forget to feed the birds



With the snow and ice still with us it is important to keeping feeding garden birds. If you feed them throughout the year they can become reliant on the food you provide. The birds that visit my garden are well stocked up with seeds and nuts but surprisingly these ducks and swans were hungry too. Normally they wouldn’t come so close when I have the dog with me but I guess they were desperate. I am not sure what their usual diet consists of but they seemed to like the seeds. You can buy a 20kg sack of seed from Pets at Home for £13 which is great value and you will discover it very rewarding when birds visit your garden everyday looking for the food you leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMmmm duck, yummy.

Green Fingers said...

I have red berries in the garden blackbirds seem to like them, and so do the woodpigeons.
Put some fat balls on the tree.

Beardman off Shish Kebab said...

Saw a Jay in the back garden earlier, haven't seen one for ages.